Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tag, I'm It

Comfy Denim suprised me by sneaking out from behind the laundry pile where she has been playing with her new puppy AND SHE TAGGED ME. And she didn't just tag me. She CHALLENGED me. She wrote, and I quote,

"I hereby - officially tag: -... Melanie at Countin' it all Joy (because she'd be good at this)."

So now, in addition to the pressure of having to write a new blog post, it has been announced to all the blogosphere that it WILL be good. Have you ever gone to see a movie that a friend, reviewer, the world, etc.. has gushed over and yet for you it was just so-so. (I recently had this experience with the Oscar nominated, Juno. Sorry, it simply wasn't as good to me as the rest of the population of the free world seemed to indicate.) Perhaps the movie wasn't as bad as you think, but with all the build up, it had no place else to go but down... Some things just can't live up to the hype. And so here I am, trying to compose a blog, staring down a big ol' speed bump of hype.

BUT, in keeping with the theme of my blog, you know, countin' it all joy and all... how COOL is it that Comfy Denim thinks I'd be good at this writing exercise...

Oh, right, there is an actual writing exercise in her tag...

First the rules...
  • 1. Write your own six-word memoir.
  • 2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you want.
  • 3. Link it to the person who tagged you and to the place of origin.
  • 4. Tag five more bloggers, with links.
  • 5. Leave them a comment and invite them to play.

Now, here goes... I have some options.

Chronological

childhood happiness, teenage melodrama, grownup joy

or Spirtual

no matter what, God hugs me

or this one, inspired by Comfy Denim

because she'd be good at this

And now for the tags... Let me see...

I tag Kahri and I also give her an extension since she is traveling today.

I tag NeeCee, who deserves an extension as well since she's been sick.

And since Comfy broke the rules and only tagged two instead of five, I'm going to follow in her footsteps and do the same. And let that be the object lesson you walk away with today... People watch you when you break the rules and then they feel like they can do the same... what's the world coming to! (wink)

2 comments:

Amelia Antwiler said...

See?? I knew you'd be good at this.
You made me laugh and I think you did a grand job!!

Was it rebellion or a refusal to be a lemming? *LOL*

Brittany said...

WOW!! Thanks for the tag! I will work on that. :-) Love your answers!!! (hey, what is the moving truck doing in your yard? Are you secretly leaving us!!!?!?)