Friday, April 11, 2008

Truly Counting It All Joy

This has been an emotional week. From my mom's stem cell transplant to the death of a homeschooling friends' daughter... there have been many reasons to count things as joyful, and as many reasons to find it difficult to do so...

I read a blog post today that truly summed up what it means to count it all joy.. even when faced with what one would imagine would be the darkest day ever.

Audrey was born April 7th and lived little more than 2 hours. Although Audreys's Mommy and Daddy, Angie and Todd (who sings with Selah), knew that she would not live long, how could anyone prepare for this?

Angie has been keeping a blog which I can only describe as annointed. She posted today with a letter to Audrey and it is the epitome of Counting it All Joy. Her words were such a healing balm to me and I know they will be to you too. Word of warning; don't read without a kleenex handy, or better yet, a whole roll of toilet paper. There will be tears, but there is strength and peace in those tears. I can't explain it any other way. Read it here and be blessed...

1 comment:

Peculiar Blogs said...

I couldn't go until tonight. I just wasn't ready for what you said would be there. But tonight I was and it was beautiful and thank you for sharing it, however heartbreaking. I know this has been a very emotional week for you, Mel, I am praying for you and rejoicing with you over your mom!