Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Traditions



So Dillon and I sat down to watch some good old fashioned Christmas entertainment... the shows I used to watch in my youth. While I never forgot that Christmas was all about the birth of my Savior... certain characters were also definately a part of Christmas. From Kris Kringle teaching Winter to walk, ("Put One Foot In Front of the Other" ) to Elf Hermey's desire to be a dentist, the bouncing bumble, and the Island of Misfit toys... Even the Heat Miser... I so looked forward to these shows every Christmas. They disappeared for a while, but they seem to be making a comeback. I was so excited that my boys would finally realize I was not crazy when I danced around the house singing "I'm Mr. Heat Miser, I'm Mr. Sun"

Unfortunately, they still think I'm crazy.

Cody doesn't watch TV.. and Dillon refused to watch these shows after the first few minutes... "Mom," he said, "I can deal with the whole Santa Claus thing, but these puppets are really freaking me out!

Funny, I feel the same way about the animation in Polar Express.

Needless to say, Dillon and I watched and enjoyed the more traditionally animated Charlie Brown Christmas... which blows all those talking puppet shows out of the melted snow! I have to admit, I even cried when Linus explained the true meaning of Christmas. I always do. Can a cartoon be annointed?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about the Polar Express. Freaky.

Thanks for coming by and liking my review of "Happy Feet" - loved the way you arrived, too. On footloose and happyfeet..made me laugh.

I love your interview with a teenager, by the way.

I can't wait to hear how your Christmas goes - I bet it's going to be great!

PS - My kids think I'm crazy, too.

Peculiar Blogs said...

I haven't been able to watch Polar Express yet because of the weird-ness! I agree!! :-)

I still think nothing beats Charlie Brown. LOL

Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

I got a chuckle out of your comment on my 360 blog. Reading other people's blogs is not nearly as labor intensive as WRITING your own blog. :-)

I'm sure we'll both find those quiet moments - and hopefully BEFORE Valentine's day.