Tuesday, September 26, 2006

To the tune of " I Will Survive"







So for some unknown reason, surely not having to do with any anonymous commenting on my blog, I was thinking of my college days. We had so much fun, it's a wonder that I even graduated. Oh, wait.. I didn't! That's right. I STILL have to run 3 MILES. Way to bring up a touchy subject!

Anyway, that touchy subject aside, I well remember some of the hijinx that used to ensue when we would all get together. I'm speaking, of course, of the famous Solid Gold Dancers, Fletch and ZMan. Oh, they were so talented they didn't need a singer.. but every once in a while, I would fill in with the most passionate performance of Gloria Gaynor's "I will Survive" you have ever heard. Ok, to be fair, what you would be hearing WOULD BE Gloria Gaynor because I was far too tone deaf (still am) to sing myself.. but man, could I lip sync.

If you look very closely at this photo.. you just might see someone who has contributed recently to my blog. He looks a little startled. It's either from a difficult Solid Gold move or perhaps he's just had too much java!

I sure did hang with a class act of friends! So many have gone on to such great things. My best friend and name sake and her hubby (who was one of the gang) just had their third little girl. Another friend has written a great book that had my hubby laughing till he cried. Still more friends wrote a little movie that was recently released. Even me... I've had my work published one or two or even more places.. and look forward to more success in that realm.

But my greatest production has been my family. Cody and Dillon are great works in progress and I expect great reviews when they are released into the world. My production partner/hubby is simply the most talented being God ever created and I know it won't be long until the world knows this as well!

I can't wait to hear all about old friends and their new lives. If only there were some way to find out what Z-man has been up to.. I mean, besides drinking java, and doing a few solid gold moves every now and again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’ve been informed that Zman’s startled look has to do with the relentless Paparazzi. Although he should have been used to them, every once in a while they would still catch him off guard. Wait… he says that it also could have been a look of shock towards a comment made by an adoring fan.

The Zman will be available for further comment at an undisclosed time in the near future after a few Mr. Mom type duties.

Anonymous said...

I checked out the Zanderfam blog last night, I did a little "googling" (not sure if that is an actual verb or not) of my own. Adorable kids!

Anonymous said...

As a matter of fact, if the truth be told, "googling" would be the answer of how a certain Z-man found the musings of a certain Melanie Walenciak. Although, when I... I mean he... was searching I... I mean, oh alright "I" was thrown of track for a while thinking she had moved to Germany and become a personal fitness trainer.

Alright... So the Zman is no longer anonymous... and thanks to the ever cunning and clever other Melanie, the zanderfam blog has been found! Actually, I have to give Janelle all the credit for the blog since she is the one that keeps it going.

So, little did I know I would be able to get back in touch with the other Melanie as well! It'll be good to catch up.

Solid Gold Forever! - DCZ: dczander@gmail.com

Melanie said...

But how did you know my last name was Walenciak.. I mean, I've had it for over 14 years and still have trouble spelling it!

I have found there are three Melanie Walenciak's in the world. Me, the personal fitness trainer in Germany, and a wallaby that lives in Ponca City. How many people can say they have a marsupial named after them!

Seriously, it is so great to be found! I took a sidetrip over to the Zanderfam blog and what a beatiful family you have! I'm looking forward to catching up and hearing all you've been up to.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I couldn't remember what your married last name was... but then I had the idea to check out the ORU alumni directory and - believe it or not - even though you have a red flag on your name with a note that says "still 3 miles 'til graduation," you were there with your big "W" name (in my mind I'm saying big "W" as Jimmy Durante in "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World.").

Janelle said...

You guys are hilarious. It's nice to meet you melanie and melanie. I've heard so much good, I mean crazy stuff about you.

Janelle :)