Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Flying Squid

No, not flying squirrels... flying squid. They are the official mascot for mothers everywhere.

At least Kahri and I think so.

Kahri and I were IM'ing today and trying to work out a small schedule snafu. It seems that Kahri was planning to come and help me organize my office (she's a professional organizer and I am NOT) at the same time she was planning to have an Usborne Book Party at her home. Now, although Kahri has some hefty organizational skills, I was still pretty sure she hadn't yet figured out how to be at two places at once. Now usually, I would by pretty cynical of any organizer who manages to doublebook herself, but not this time... because I knew that not only is Kahri an organizer, she is also a mom. Moms must multitask daily... so much so that it is perfectly logicial that one might forget her human limitations and believe she can multitask in multiplaces.

To be truthful, Kahri's organizational skills leave me in awe. She was once describing how she packs away her Christmas decorations. Her boxes are labeled Christmas 1, Christmas 2, Christmas 3 and so on. The Christmas 1 box comes out first. It contains Christmas music and other things that you might use before the actual tree decorations are needed. Those are in Christmas 4 or Christmas 5. I was incredibly impressed as I thought of all my Christmas decorations stuffed into one large box marked "Dishes".

Anyway, Kahri joked that I could go to her house and she could come to mine... She would get me organized and I could host her book party. She then said that she could never fill my shoes. I quickly pointed out that even I couldn't fill my shoes at my house, let alone her shoes at her house. I suggested that I should be cloned or at the very least have several sets of arms surgically implanted. Kahri liked the idea of several arms, but thought that perhaps wings might be an added bonus... and so, the flying squid was born. The perfect symbol of motherhood, complete with it's huge all knowing eye.

And yet somehow I don't think this mascot will catch on.

So Moms.. what do you think... leave a comment and let me know what would be the best mascot for motherhood.

1 comment:

The Zandi Zoo said...

OOOOH... I would love to have more arms and wings would be a GREAT add-on. You ladies are on to something. :-)