Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's a new year....

Well, it's a new year to me. Today was my birthday, and although I have reached the age where one shouldn't still love their birthdays, I do. I love my birthday, I love New Year's, I love Mondays. I love new and fresh starts. I get a do over from last year. The diet that didn't work, the goals that got lost under piles of urgent clutter, the dreams that didn't turn into reality YET; these all qualify for second chances with each new year, each new week.

All this positive thinking is very refreshing, no? No, it's usually annoying and not appreciated, but that's ok, too. I think God made different outlooks to create balance!

My own dear hubby hates Mondays. He tends to look back at what didn't get done, while I see a fresh slate. But at times, as surprising as this sounds, I tend to be somewhat of an idealist, while my sweet husband is more of a realist. He doesn't ever burst my bubble; he just keeps me from floating too far away in it.

I realize that the last time I visited my little corner of the internets, I wrote that I would be back tomorrow. Well, technically this is a tomorrow. As Annie put is so succinctly, tomorrow is always a day away... In fact there has been around 6 months of tomorrows between my last post and now.

Now as I embark on a new year, I plan on blogging more, and succeeding on that diet and even finally cleaning out that coat closet... and while some who are more "realists" might just think I'm a lying liar who lies, those idealists among you will hold out hope that I will in fact write more tomorrow....

1 comment:

Kahri said...

Happy New Beginnings! Happy New Year! Happy Monday in your new chance!! I can't wait to see more of you tomorrow. :-) and to read about your lost weight, clean coat closet and whatever other adventures await you!!